- Fenix International
- FINCA International
- FSD Africa
- Global Knowledge Initiative
- International Rescue Committee Kenya
- International Trade Centre
- Lutheran World Federation
- Mandulis Energy
- Mastercard (co-chair)
- Mercy Corps
- Microsoft Philanthropies
- Moonshot Global
- Norwegian Refugee Council
Identifying opportunities and overcoming challenges of doing business in settlement communities
Bidi Bidi Settlement
Creating opportunities to overcome the significant pressure on natural resources
How to operate in a diverse demographic and socioeconomic community
Operating in the Kamwenge District across multiple host villages
Smart Communities Coalition Annual Meeting
The Smart Communities Coalition held its second annual meeting on February 27–28, 2019, at the Mastercard Labs for Financial Inclusion in Nairobi, Kenya, with nearly 40 participants from 28 organizations. The goals of the workshop were to:
- Share lessons learned since the launch;
- Agree upon governance and operational conditions that will drive success; and
- Enable strengthened coordination to guide the design and implementation of activities.
Members remained engaged throughout the two days, providing concrete feedback on subjects as diverse as coalition effectiveness, new pilot design, and monitoring and evaluation indicators. We thank those who joined us and we continue to welcome thoughts and suggestions from all.
The Coalition's first design workshop was held on March 27–28, 2018.
2019 SCC Design Workshop participants in Nairobi.